Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Best Part

How did I get here?
I must ask myself a few times a week (used to be a few times a day!), “How did I get here?”
I’m sitting in school (to become a Personal Trainer!), snacking after my run, and writing my fitness blog while putting together my resume.

If I could take this snapshot…right now…this moment…and show it to my former self…I wouldn’t.

I did this on hope, then trust, then belief; just like everyone else needs to.

If I knew I was going to succeed, if I knew there was no chance of failure, I would have been sidestepping the best part- knowing that I did this. I dug it deep out of myself…I planted it, I watered it, and it grew…and here I am.

I joke all the time about what I would share with my former self…and I guess when it comes right down to it…I would keep her in the dark and let her find the light on her own.

No comments:

Post a Comment